It’s been a long time! Here is some stuff we developed because we think the curve deformer in Softimage stinks and we wanted to have an opportunity to deform instanced (or copied) geo in ICE. So here you have a compound to deform geometry by a curve with built in twist and push, a wave deformer for curves and strands and a compound which can copy geometry and deform it by strands. The latter is supposed to be thrown on an empty polymesh and takes your strand featuring pointcloud as input. Hope you enjoy, use at your own risk!
inspiration meets information and both hang out at ’club animation’
- Cheap ICE Tricks #4: Deform!
- Loom: Online, Full Length
- Finally: Mobile Trailer is Online
- Cheap ICE Tricks #3: Unfold Cards
- Cheap ICE Tricks #2: CurveFlow
- Cheap ICE Tricks #1: Strands
- See you at Siggraph!
- FMX ICE Talk: Animating Strands
- Polynoid news: Website update, FMX talk
- Transforma and Yro: ASYNTHOME